Since 1970, the International Association of Business Communicators has served as a resource for communications professionals worldwide. Members of the IABC-Detroit chapter receive these benefits:
- Professional Development Sessions – learn about trends, issues and best practices from experts in the field. As an IABC-Detroit member, you will receive a significant discount for each and every session in which you register.
- Professional Recognition – Our annual IABC-Detroit Renaissance Awards program recognizes the best of the best in communications. Now in its 30th year, the IABC-Detroit Renaissance Awards recognize excellence in all functional areas of communications, including strategic communication management, corporate communications, public and media relations, marketing, writing, design, advertising and multimedia. As an IABC-Detroit member, you receive significant discounts in this program.
- Member Newsletter – stay abreast of association news and opportunities with The Galley – an e-newsletter sent bi-monthly to IABC-Detroit members.
The value of networking is priceless:
- Access to a community of nearly 200 local communicators and a network of 15,500 professionals worldwide.
- IABC is the only multidisciplinary professional association dedicated to both internal and external communications, so you will find people from all communications specialties, across all industries, among our membership.
- Our network is positioned to connect you with peers, jobs, vendors, and customers, as well as help you find the knowledge and resources you seek to enhance your career or job performance.
Getting the most from your membership.
How do you get the most out of your membership? Participation! Here are some top actions to take to ensure you receive the most from your membership with IABC-Detroit:
- Expand your skill set by volunteering to serve on a portfolio. Are you interested in breaking into branding, community relations, publishing, judging, web development, member recruitment and retention, program development or public relations?
- Enroll in the E-Jobs Bank to receive information on marketplace opportunities. This service is exclusive to IABC-Detroit members.
- IABC-Detroit is first and foremost a professional association, and our membership is comprised of fun-loving people. In the spirit of fun and fellowship, we hold a couple of social events each year. Attend these to meet and share stories and opportunities with your colleagues and friends from our community.
If you have questions about the benefits of joining IABC-Detroit, contact Nancy Skidmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 546-5490.
Click here to learn about joining IABC.
Click here to update your membership.
Click here for IABC Communities.
Click here to view IABC’s on-line directory.
Volunteer projects will help you expand your skills.
Benchmark what others in the industry are doing, by helping to judge competition entries. You’ll gain valuable insight into the communication process and understand what it takes to produce award-winning communications.
Other opportunities for real-life, hands-on experience abound, giving you the chance to enhance your skills in marketing, finance, project management, event planning, public speaking and more.
We’re sure you’ll find something that suits your talents, interests and schedule. Consider these bite-size opportunities:
- Greet guests at events
- Coordinate with meeting venues
- Find dynamic guest speakers
- Compile program evaluation results
- Host a meeting
For more information, contact Nancy Skidmore at email@example.com.