NSF International currently has a position open for a Communications Manager at our headquarters in Ann Arbor. The Communications Manager will manage all of the day-to-day business and consumer facing media relations activity and corporate communication vehicles to strategically position NSF International and its family of companies within the news media and to other key stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Communications:
- Manage all aspects of media relations through the development, contact, distribution and tracking of news media relation activities for print, electronic, broadcast and digital communications.
- Supervise staff as assigned and outside agencies/vendors.
- Responsible for the news process; writing, editing and distributing of press releases, advisories, pitches, newsletters, position papers and reports to key consumer and trade news media outlets.
- Draft and place bylined articles and opinion editorials.
- Responsible for the process of proactively contacting reporters, editors and producers for story ideas. Serves as one of NSF’s key spokespersons.
- Responsible for creating external messaging, and prepping staff to swiftly respond to the news media for interviews.
- Manage trade show media, and corporate events as needed.
- Accountable for media relations and communication program metrics, results and recommendations including monthly reporting, tracking, analysis and quarterly and bi-annual summaries.
- Accountable for maintaining a comprehensive and up-to date news media contact database.
- Create, implement and manage consumer public relation and client co-communication campaigns.
- Responsible for client communications such as joint press releases, newsletter articles, and other public relations initiatives. Offer counsel as needed.
- Responsible for managing and updating as needed corporate communication materials such as media kits, fact sheets, corporate brochures, nsf.org newsroom, speakers bureau.
- Support corporate communication as activities such as speech writing, presentations
- Manage internal communication of successful new public relations campaigns to the board, employees and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the issue management/crisis communications plan and hold bi-annual meetings with cross functional teams to review scenarios. Plays a key role in issues management.
- Arrange for regular management media training
- Steward for building local community relationships and outreach programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration, or related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in media relations role.
- High level of business acumen, understanding and ability to transfer business strategy, goals and objectives into highly effective media and corporate communications.
- Demonstrated expertise with media relations, corporate communications, scientific writing, and collateral material development. Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to ability to manage people, multiple projects and deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Team mentality
- Knowledge and use Microsoft Office suite
- Master’s degree in business, communications, journalism or related field.
- Ten (10) years experience in communications role.
- Experience in scientific environment.
Send resume to Brienne Stiteler at firstname.lastname@example.org.