Status: Full time/salaried
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Company: NSF International
Are you a dynamic media relations and communications professional looking for an exciting new career opportunity? Would you like to work for an organization with a history of more than 70 years of protecting and improving global human health? NSF is considered a world leader in the development of public health standards and certifications that help protect food, water, consumer products and the environment. As an independent, accredited organization, the company tests, audits and certifies products and systems but also provides education and risk management. As the Communications Specialist you will……
- Develop and coordinate communication campaigns.
- Create content for campaigns and manage editorial and review process, distribution, track and report metrics.
- Develop content curation services that help promote our scientific and technical expertise and services to trade and consumer media by drafting and managing editorial process for new releases, pitches, byline articles, white papers, and more.
- Develop content for digital and video communications including scripts, infographic content, for internal and external digital communications.
- Coordinate social media campaigns and accounts and provide internal social media training to leaders and employees.
- Update media contact information and maintain global media database. Develop and maintain targeted media lists.
- Develop and support activities for corporate and client events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing about complex and technical subjects.
- Four (4) to five (5) years experience in writing for media relations and corporate communications, agency experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including AP style rules and guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, meeting deadlines while thriving in a fast-paced news environment.
- Able to analyze and evaluate information sources and research results, summarizing accurately and citing sources properly.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office and web-based applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, as well as within a team
To apply, please visit www.nsf.org and complete an online employment application for position IRC12584