Position Summary: Ensures that all Oakland Schools’ websites and corresponding pages are maintained, updated, monitored and evaluated for marketing impact and ADA-compliance. This role utilizes a strategic skillset including innovative and superior writing and editing skills to assist internal constituents in creating dynamic, effective content for all digital assets such as websites, social media and digital marketing campaigns.
This role also provides general departmental support in the areas of public relations, marketing, branding, crisis communication and event management.
- Understanding of current ADA compliance regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of various content management systems, desktop publishing software and HTML.
- Proven ability to write and source content for the web with extensive knowledge of SEO.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with working knowledge of AP style.
- Demonstrated mastery of professional e-marketing tools, social media platforms and digital content development software.
- Understanding of how to plan, measure and evaluate communication effectiveness utilizing analytic tools.
- Capacity to work independently while effectively managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities in fast-paced environments.
- Creative thinker with a positive, passionate, helpful, motivated and adaptable personality.
Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Continuously audit Oakland Schools’ digit assets including websites and social media channels.
- Assist with the writing of website content and the visual layout of webpages.
- Document best practices for Oakland Schools’ site content and processes.
- Develop and incorporate multimedia features into web/social media stories through the use of videos and infographics.
- Establish benchmarks and dashboards to report on key performance indicators and other success metrics to effectively perform analysis of Oakland Schools’ websites and digital and social media campaigns.
- Monitor customer engagement and identify new ways to activate digital and web-based participation and feedback.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for other staff engaged in similar efforts throughout Oakland Schools. Educate and train Oakland Schools staff on digital communications, website content creation, social media content development and ADA compliance regulations.
- Support the Communication Services department’s strategic communications planning, implementation and evaluation activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Oakland Schools on local, regional, state and national communication associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or information.
- Three or more years of experience working on websites and/or digital marketing campaigns.
- A keen attention to detail with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in the development of content for websites.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO techniques to ensure expanded reach and rankings for all content. Working knowledge of SiteImprove preferred.
- Experience in photo editing programs.
- Thorough understanding of social media metrics and the appropriate platforms to use for particular programs and audiences.
- Heightened awareness for positive customer relations.
- 10% travel and some evening work may be necessary in this position.
In addition to the qualification requirements set forth in this job description, the incumbent is also required to meet the “Key Work Competencies” expectations of Oakland Schools.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Twelve month work year. Salary based on the Progression Increment Salary System, Market Range 9 with an annual salary range of $63,319 to $72,402.
Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until 4:00 pm, October 29, 2017.
- Go to: https://oakland.k12.mi.us/employment/job-postings/pages/default.aspx
- Click “View all Open Positions in OHRC Districts”
- Click “Broken Down by District”, Click “Oakland Schools”
- Click on Desired Position and on the “Apply” button in the upper right corner and follow prompts.
For questions regarding this position please contact Brandi Carmichael at 248.209.2412.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, genetic information, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment opportunities. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429. Title IX complaints should be directed to the Manager/Supervisor, Career Focused Education at 248.209.2160. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736.
Before you submit your resume and letter of interest, please read the following important instructions/information:
- Please indicate in your letter of interest how you found out about this position opening and the title of the position you are applying for.
- If you are selected for a first round interview, Oakland Schools will contact you via telephone after the initial posting closing date. Resumes submitted on or prior to the initial posting closing date will be given first consideration.
- If you currently subscribe to a privacy manager telephone service, please be advised that this service may hinder Oakland Schools’ ability to contact you for the purpose of scheduling an interview.