Eastern Michigan University
To apply: Applications may be filed at www.emich.edu/jobs Position #01294
Reporting to the EMU Office of University Marketing in the Division of Communications, the successful candidate will be analytics driven and work closely with the Office of Admissions and other university offices to create high-quality, well-branded and effective EMU student recruitment communications and other marketing materials in support of and integration with university marketing student recruitment advertising, image and branding campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Use analytics to determine success and adjustment of digital ad overall return on investment. Develop corresponding reports to regularly communicate status/success of efforts.
- Write, edit and proofread and lead process to develop student recruitment communications on time with special emphasis on non-traditional students.
- Provide marketing support for external regional sites, study abroad programs, and professional training programs.
- Create high-quality admissions letters, e-mails, text messages, post cards, fliers, posters, brochures, signage and other printed and electronic materials in coordination, integration and support of university marketing advertisements, signage, digital/PPC and other marketing materials and campaigns.
- Work with Enrollment Management and University Marketing teams to help develop and integrate Explore Eastern, Graduate and Transfer Open House marketing promotions.
- Lead a comprehensive audit and workflow of all student recruitment communications and make adjustments, as appropriate.
- Write student recruitment-related hometown releases, press releases, features and news stories for university communications.
- Serve on appropriate university committees and groups, including monthly admissions staff and social media meetings.
- Perform related departmental duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field is required.
- At least three years of professional experience in creating high-quality, well-branded, integrated and effective marketing communications is required, preferably in higher education.
- Extensive experience in analytics/measurement tools
- Exceptional oral, written, editing, proofreading and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to write, edit and produce final original copy quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in analytics and developing student recruitment social media content is preferred.
- Knowledge of EMU identity is preferred.
Posted March 14, 2017