Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, Southfield or Ann Arbor, MI
To apply: For more information or to apply, review the online job posting. You can also learn more about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network.
Under minimum guidance, this position is responsible for planning, producing and executing communications for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network health care provider stakeholders and the employees who serve them. Working closely with internal subject matter experts, this position plans and carries out the writing, editing and production associated with maintaining crucial policy and procedure information in provider manuals. This position also provides additional technical writing and editing skills for various provider communications as time allows, including letters, articles, other resource materials and job aids. In addition to the standard job description requirements, experience with XML, Benefit Explainer, the BCBSM provider manuals and knowledge of BCBSM policies and products is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and the ability to comprehend complex company documents, policies and procedures and translate them into clear, accurate and easy-to-understand language that supports corporate strategy required.
- Ability to research various subject matter and interview experts with a high attention to detail required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to work on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results required.
- Ability to be a team player, establish and maintain good working relationships across the enterprise and exhibit flexibility and a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment with continuous change required.
- High level of self-motivation and excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to grasp new information quickly required.
- Comfort with technology and the ability to learn new technology quickly required.
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines preferred.
- Experience with XML, Epic Editor, the Blue Cross Benefit Explainer and Provider Manual Chapter Assembler tools is preferred.
- Familiarity with Blue Cross Provider Secured Services, the BCBSM Provider Manual, Blue Cross products and policies, health care and electronic communications preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Acrobat Professional, SharePoint, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access and Snagit software preferred.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related discipline is required.
- Technical writing experience is highly preferred.
- Five (5) years or more of progressively responsible communications experience, preferably in Health Care and/or similar experience in a related field.
Posted Feb. 9, 2017