Salary Range: $50,000-$57,000
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. You must submit your application directly by using the link below:
The University of Michigan Library is one of the world’s largest academic research libraries and serves a vibrant university community that is home to 19 schools and colleges, 100 top ten graduate programs, and annual research expenditures approaching $1.5 billion a year. To enable the university’s world-changing work and to serve the public good, the library collects, preserves, and shares the scholarly and cultural record in all existing and emerging forms, and leads the reinvention of the academic research library in the digital age.
The library is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work and towards the fulfillment of the library’s mission.
The primary function of the Web Content Creator will be to originate compelling and concise material for the Library’s website. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this individual will work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards and develop strategies that will drive high engagement. The Web Content Creator will also be responsible for monitoring web analytics to inform content strategy.
This will be a full-time, two-year term appointment with the possibility of renewal or extension.
- Manages the display of content on the library’s website, including content design, development, and production.
- Create and edit content for website, email, newsletters and other online media.
- Identify images that can accompany library stories.
- Integrate strategies specific to web content projects that support user-centered services and initiatives.
- Meet with staff and key members of the library to align goals and messaging.
- Work with developers to solve technical issues in displaying content.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Three to four years experience in communication, journalism, or public relations.
- Understanding of website content management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and resources effectively and set priorities in a collaborative and service-oriented culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively within small or large group settings
- Strong commitment to user-centered services with focus on diversity and inclusion principles. Commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
- Web development or web design experience.
The University of Michigan offers excellent benefits and wellness opportunities.
This position receives 24 days of vacation a year and paid sick leave with provisions for extended benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and travel. TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments retirement options available.
Salary will dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
This position reports to the Communications Director within the Library’s Office of the Dean.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Resumes will be reviewed in January 2018 when the position closes.