Students are encouraged to join IABC Detroit at a special student rate of $49 (regular rate is $357).
Your membership includes:
1. Member rates at IABC Detroit programs
2. Access to IABC Detroit electronic job bank
3. Networking opportunities with local communication professionals
4. Access to the Member Center on iabc.com, including the Job Center, CW Online, the member database, and MemberSpeak, where you can get advice from other IABC members
5. Communication World magazine
6. Access to current trends in the profession
7. Discounted student rate at the IABC International Conference
- Receive reduced rates at IABC/Detroit programs.
- Take advantage of exclusive access to local, national and international job opportunities – With membership, you receive access to the local IABC/Detroit Electronic Job Bank and the International IABC Job Bank, listing job opportunities in the field of communications throughout the Metro Detroit area, across the country and throughout the world.
- Gain experience – IABC/Detroit offers many opportunities to build your resume. For example, become a published writer by volunteering to write an article for the IABC/Detroit Galley newsletter or for the IABC/Detroit web.
- Participate in networking opportunities with local communication professionals at IABC events.
- Access members-only sections of iabc.com, including a library, a searchable database of members and a forum to connect with and receive advice from members around the world.
- Hear about internship opportunities – you’ll be networking with nearly 300 Detroit-area professionals working in the fields of corporate communications, marketing communications, public and media relations, investor relations, and government affairs.
- Read about communication trends and issues in Communication World, IABC’s award-winning publication and its electronic supplement, CW Bulletin.
- Stay connected with the local IABC/Detroit chapter through the IABC/Detroit web site and monthly publication, The Galley.