BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF MICHIGAN
COMMNICATION PROJECT PLANNER
This position is responsible planning and executing multi-channel employee communications and marketing campaigns such as Stay Connected, Open Enrollment, Flu shots and Mental Health and also supports external corporate issues management.
Responsible to consult with business leaders to develop short and long-term communication plans to include objectives, targeted audiences, delivery channels, and metrics to achieve organizational goals.
- Identify and analyze business needs to develop strategic communication plans.
- Write clear and compelling content while maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- Review business plans and strategies to identify correlations across the organization that impact communications planning.
- Develop, coordinate and track project tasks to keep projects on their development plan.
- Collaborate with business leaders, communications team members and functional leadership to align communication plans.
- Determine and coordinate research needs; review and analyze data to assist in the development of communication strategies and messages for predetermined target audiences.
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal team members and leadership.
- Generate ideas to improve communications planning, processes and delivery methods.
- Support complex projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field is required.
- Six (6) years of professional communications experience is required.
- Previous experience with communications strategy and planning, research surveys, or focus groups is required.
- Previous experience working in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Advanced copywriting, editing and written communication skills.
- Advanced oral communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships within the organization and community.
- Ability to comprehend complex company documents, procedures and policies and distill these into easy-to-understand content.
- Develop highly visible corporate affairs communications plans for major communication channels for internal and/or external audiences.
- Educate employees or other stakeholders about current events and topics affecting our business.
- Foster ideas and solutions that enhance how internal and/or external audiences connect with the organization, leaders and each other.
- On-line newsletter experience
- Video on-line publication experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects with deadlines met
- Event organization and employee communication campaign experience.
- Experience with crafting plans as Powerpoint presentations.
- PMP certification preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.