The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is a nonprofit organization that helps older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers in a six-county region of southeast Michigan.
The Communications Specialist builds public awareness of the Agency and promotes its programs, services and activities using various communications channels and tools (both digital and traditional). Contributes to assigned communications initiatives including the Agency’s social media presence, email marketing efforts, website and Search Optimization efforts, representation at community events, and development of collateral materials (flyers, brochures, advertisements, and direct mail pieces).
Frequent interaction with the public, Agency employees, program participants, county commissioners and other government and elected officials, and other key stakeholders. This is a hybrid role.
Duties include but not limited to:
· Write, edit and produce brochures, flyers, direct mail pieces, print advertisements, email marketing communications, blogs, web pages and presentations to create public awareness of the Agency and its programs, services, and events.
· Manage the Agency’s social media channels, including the creation of content calendars, graphics, videos and other content.
· Represent the Agency at community events, including conducting presentations to promote awareness of the Agency and its services.
· Assist in the Agency’s media relations efforts as needed, including the writing or distribution of press releases.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing and 3 to 5 years experience minimum. 5 or more years preferred.
· Advanced Microsoft Office and InDesign, Canva, or similar graphic design software. Experience with Hootsuite and social platforms, including FaceBook, LinkedIn and Instagram – Intermediate skills in noted software
· Experience in event development and management, website development, and project management.
· Experience using a web Content Management Systems, like WordPress, preferred.
· Strong writing, editing, proofreading; and verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to think creatively and quickly and to present complex topics to a general audience.
· Strong planning and organizational skills; must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities.
· Need strong technology skills in: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and the ability to type 45 wpm.
· May be required to work some evenings and weekends at difference times/months of the year based on marketing/outreach calendar. Must have own reliable transportation; will travel locally 15%.
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B in Southfield has outstanding benefits for this position that include:
· Choice of 3 excellent low-cost medical plans
· Fitness and wellness programs
· Dental, vision, short and long-term disability
· Excellent PTO package
· We recognize 10 regular and 3 floating holidays
Apply online at Career Opportunities | AAA1B.