Robert B. Aikens & Associates – Rochester Hills / Birmingham, MI (Greater Detroit Area)
Submit resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
The Village of Rochester Hills, Michigan’s premier main-street lifestyle center, seeks director level candidates experienced in shopping center marketing, event planning and management, customer relations, web site management, social media campaigns, local media relations, public relations, and financial management. This position will work collaboratively to construct a marketing plan, manage the execution of the plan, and manage the operating budget. The goal is to enhance tenant, community, and media relations, and strengthen the overall shopping experience. The individual will be expected to:
- Work collaboratively to develop and execute a strategic calendar of events and programs through the year that support The Village of Rochester Hills.
- Manage the on-site event coordination, tenant participation, entertainment and vendor management. Work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Develop and manage relationships with retail tenant managers; coordinate with and support marketing strategies developed by retail tenants.
- Manage relationships with local media, business and community organizations, and marketing / advertising communities. Develop excellent relationships with chamber and other community leaders. Cultivate community relationships.
- Create and seek out compelling sponsorship and marketing partnership programs that generate value for the center, retailers in the center, and the community at large.
- Track and report on latest relevant trends in retail businesses, consumer trends and the competitive landscape.
- Liaison to company’s advertising/marketing agency and senior executives to help plan and execute successful advertising strategies.
- Lead on-going management of website and other new media resources for The Village of Rochester Hills.
- Coordinate shopping center visual merchandising and signage and programs.
- Have a passion for fashion, brick & mortar retail, and shopping districts.
- BA or BS degree with an emphasis in marketing, communications, advertising, events management, social media/business administration preferred.
3 + years previous experience in marketing. Prefer experience in one or more of the following: shopping center marketing, event marketing, partnership marketing, social media marketing
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing events.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and persuasion when interacting with others.
- A team player with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven negotiating skills.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and computer software applications (Facebook, Instagram, Tic Tok, Content Management Software, Excel.)
- Knowledge of digital and traditional media campaigns, and ability to work on a team to effectively execute campaigns.
- Prefer extensive knowledge of local / regional media entities and local / regional business and community organizations.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work nights and weekends
- Respect and promote team success, inclusion and diversity.
The Village of Rochester Hills: The Village is a 375,000-square-foot outdoor shopping district in the heart of Rochester Hills, Michigan. Set up much like a bustling downtown, the Village of Rochester Hills is the first in Michigan to utilize the lifestyle streetscape concept.
The Village includes respected national and local retailers in various segments, including apparel, dining, home furnishings and beauty. These popular retailers are nestled into picturesque tree-lined boulevards with convenient, on-street parking.
Robert B. Aikens & Associates, LLC: For more than 30 years, Robert B. Aikens & Associates, L.L.C. has maintained a high level of professional success, completing scores of major real estate projects throughout the United States. Aikens has consistently been able to connect retail trends to local communities, make thoughtful decisions that fully account for design requirements, and provide residents with facilities that seamlessly blend into the local social and architectural fabric.