MCCI a downtown Detroit-based integrated marketing firm is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, skilled, full-time paid public relations account intern. The intern should be a public relations, communications, or journalism major, ideally with previous internship experience. The intern will help with miscellaneous public relations duties with direction and under the supervision of the account director. Our modern office in a historic building is just a few blocks from Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. Learn more about MCCI here: www.mccicorp.com
Among the intern’s duties will be:
- Writing press releases, media pitches and other content
- Creating media coverage reports
- Creating media lists
- Researching reporters, media outlets and client-related topics
- Scheduling meetings, creating meeting agendas and taking meeting notes/action items from client calls/meetings
- Some social media may work be needed as well as other agency duties as assigned
Ideally, the paid intern will work full-time. The intern will work in our Detroit office at least three days a week and the other two days can be remote if they’re full-time. MCCI will cover parking fees when working downtown.
Our dynamic PR clients range from regional and national publicly-traded professional services companies to local nonprofits, among others. This hands-on role is an excellent learning opportunity and could lead to full-time employment.
If you’re interested, please contact Carolyn Artman, APR, Account Director, MCCI, at email@example.com