Detroit, MI, USCompany: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLCJob ID: 8348
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company… and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Location: Downtown Detroit Headquarter – WCB
Bidding Restriction: 1 Year
- Develops and leads the implementation of our Continuous Improvement (CI) engagement strategy to understand how CI is being applied across all business units, to align employees to our CI approach, to recognize great CI behaviors, and to develop events, workshops and initiatives that challenge employees to shape the CI culture and deliver results through improvement activity.
- Works with Continous Improvement Strategy Group (CISG) team to develop and implements strategic communications that achieve the enterprise and business unit priorities.
- Integrates internal communication strategy and messaging with large DTE internal communication strategy and brand positioning.
- Develops and maintains relationships with BU contacts, including more senior representative, to establish an ongoing feedback loop for CI issues – help CISG to develop timely and relevant products and services.
- Develops events, workshops and initiativies to share successful CI behaviros and inspire and challenge employees to use CI methods & tools.
- Coordinates a community of CI professionals across DTE to help align business units to our CI approach and messaging, and to get a read on how CI is being applied every day.
- Assist CI professional embedded in the business units in the devleopment and implementation of their local CI communication plans.
- Develops strategic, concise, useful, timely, and relaible communication materials for BU leaders to effectively communicate with their employees.
- Manages multiple projects with minimal supervision, ensuring budget compliance, and achievement of strategic communication objectives.
- Effectively manages all CISG communications from strategic, outcome-driven planning through tactical execution.
- Gathers and analyzes relevant data from available resources and use it to continually improve effectiveness.of CI engagement efforts.
- Drives new approach to CI engagement in a more efficient and effective way by challenging current processes and recommending new approaches.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree discipline and at least six (6) years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or related.
- Strong experience working with Continuous Improvement culture
- Prefer CI Certifcation
- Prefer experience in designing and execution of Programs/Events/Campaigns
- Experience working in public relations or media environment.
- Project Management skills with experience managing external vendors
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Experience in editorial content planning for print and digital channels
- Proficient written and oral communications.
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines, special events, and crisis communications.
- Experience in crafting the communications efforts behind large companywide change initiatives.
- Proactive contributor with strong customer focus and the ability to maintain relationships and create consensus in support of shared outcomes.
- Experience in leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix work environment.
- Expert ability to lead content strategy and develop key message.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.