The Senior Designer will work under the guidance of a Marketing and Communications Manager to help define and implement HAP’s brand in a variety of print and web-based media. Work in collaboration with internal and external resources to manage brand
and communication design for highly visible health plan products and services from concept to completion. Maintain corporate style guide and brand design standards from print ads and collateral pieces, to websites and social media graphics. Lead pre and post production of photography, artwork and design files. Manage design production process, infrastructure, equipment and software
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, layout and design print and web-based communication materials using software, including but not limited to Adobe; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop utilizing Mac and PC environments.
- Effectively translate business needs into actionable design requirements for creative execution; responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
- Maintain a pulse on the digital landscape and relevant creative work across web, social, mobile and digital signage
- Promote continual creative improvement and innovation as trends change. Continually improve processes/workflow and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability Ensure deadlines are met in a fast paced environment
- Responsible for creation, design and production of brochures, collateral, posters, flyers, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, websites, e-flyers, flash banners, sales materials, online forms and interactive pieces.
- Supports and protects the brand and brand guidelines in all activities.
- Create, design and produce themed promotional materials for trade show pre and post event-marketing programs. Develop and maintain internal and customer facing presentations.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the company’s business objectives
- Functions as the in-house graphic design resource for marketing campaigns, both online and print.
- Assist management and/or marketing representatives with outside vendors on artwork and file preparation. Review proofs as necessary. Coordinate, research and purchase stock photography and illustration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Digital Arts or related field or an additional six (6) years of related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a designer or creative lead for marketing, advertising and design.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to act as a consultant to internal business partners.
- Experience managing vendors and working collaboratively with Advertising and PR agencies.
- Experience with layout, typesetting, and e-graphics.
- Proficient Graphic Design skills in Mac and PC environments.
- HTML experience, a plus.
- Experience in creative thinking and content execution.
- Ability to write and conceptualize design.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and Power Point, Studio, Adobe.
- The ability to control several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects from planning and development stages through to closing.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate well with others at all levels through the corporation.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of print production process.
- Knowledge of photography, scanning and photo/art manipulation.
- Ability to produce preliminary comps – traditionally and electronically.
- Good math skills a plus.
HAP is a Michigan-based, nonprofit health plan that provides health coverage to individuals, companies and organizations. A subsidiary of Henry Ford Health System, we partner with doctors, employers and community groups to enhance the overall health and well-being of the lives we touch. With more than 1,100 dedicated and passionate employees, our goal is to make health care easy for our members.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit henryford.com