Technical Writer Position at WDBA Company Profile
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) offers a unique opportunity to work on the largest bi-national infrastructure project
in North America today – the Gordie Howe International Bridge. Join our team and gain extensive career experience working
closely with professionals in the specialization of engineering, finance, legal and communications. Many of our roles will
support the operation of the bridge for the years ahead, following the current construction stage of the project.
WDBA is a Canadian Crown corporation created to deliver the Gordie Howe International Bridge project between Windsor, ON
and Detroit, MI through a public-private partnership (P3). WDBA is responsible for overseeing and managing the construction
and operation of the Gordie Howe International Bridge project which will be a legacy landmark that connects nations,
economies and cultures. Find out more about the incentives our company has to offer below.
Now is the time to make your mark on this legacy project.
About this Opportunity
At WDBA, we value our people and their contributions in an environment of trust, support and dedication. As a member of the Corporate Affairs and External Relations team, and reporting to the Director of Policy and Government Relations, the Technical Writer will contribute by working collaboratively with team members and other WDBA departments to create, review and maintain technical documentation related to the Gordie Howe International Bridge project. The Technical Writer will be tasked with producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for various internal and external audiences.
The incumbent will be responsible for liaising with internal teams to obtain and synthesize the necessary information, conducting research and communicating/interpreting technical and contractual information into accessible, persuasive, concise and clear text.
The Technical Writer is expected to understand priorities within large construction projects and have the ability to provide effective written briefings for audiences across all orders of government and interpret and complete timely analysis and briefing materials supporting WDBA’s local, provincial, state-wide, national, and international presence. The incumbent must have well developed written skills, listening skills and have a proficiency to work collaboratively with diverse groups of professional people.
- ➢ A University Degree from a recognized University with acceptable specialization English, Communications, Business Administration, Technical Writing, Policy, Political Science, or Public Administration
- ➢ Minimum of 5 years of experience as a writer and creating content for technical and non-technical audiences
- ➢ Demonstrated ability to deliver complex ideas in a simple way with a proven ability to communicate with precisions,style and clarity
- ➢ Demonstrated experience developing a variety of written materials (e.g., briefing notes, policy analysis, optionspapers, and/or presentations)
- ➢ Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting policy advice to senior management (both written and oral)
- ➢ Demonstrated experience in conducting research, analysis, and the development of policy options on complex andsensitive issues
- ➢ Demonstrated experience collaborating with partners and/or project teams
- ➢ Demonstrated experience working on large-scale projects and experience in the technical/legal aspects of theseprojects is considered an asset
- ➢ Demonstrated experience working with provincial/state and/or federal Canadian and/or US government is considered an asset
- ➢ Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Personnel Screening/Security Clearance – Secret Level
- ➢ Ability to travel within Ontario and Michigan
- ➢ Hours of work may include evenings and weekendsWorking at WDBAOur work offers a perfect balance of reward and challenge. Here are some of the amazing advantages of being part of our team:
- ➢ Work with dedicated and collaborative colleagues on a once-in-a-generation project.
- ➢ Receive full-time employment with competitive compensation packages.
- ➢ Have the opportunity for ample growth and development, including paid training options.
- ➢ Be rewarded for being a high performer through our employee performance review program.
- ➢ Join one of our many employee-led committees, including supporting the continued development of diversity, equityand inclusion within the workplace.
- ➢ Enjoy a comprehensive health and dental package starting on your first day, including short-term and long-termdisability benefits.
- ➢ Be part of a defined contribution pension plan offered with up to 9% employee/employer match.
- ➢ Discuss with your manager hybrid and flexible work options available, including a mixed remote and in-office workenvironment and flex-scheduling.
- ➢ Take advantage of our extensive paid time-off benefits (vacation, personal days, volunteer day, and paid statutoryholidays).
- ➢ Learn how we support “disengagement” as part of our corporate culture to achieve work-life balance.
- ➢ Engage directly with our passionate and experienced leadership team.How to Apply
Qualified applicants may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including July 21, 2022. Please quotefile #WDBA-203. Resumes must be submitted electronically and will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.This is a general position summary for a role vacancy at WDBA. A formalized job description or position outline is used to determine that the hiring goals and requirements for each WDBA position are achieved through a standard competition. The full position outline is provided to candidates selected to participate in the interview process and is to be accepted at the time of hire.WDBA values talent and diversity as cornerstones of our success and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of our community and country. To support this commitment, we encourage applications from people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions.