Communications Specialist– AAA-The Auto Club Group
What you will do:
The Auto Club Group is seeking reliable and knowledgeable prospective Communications Specialist who under moderate guidance and supervision can research, write and edit standard internal communication documents, articles or emails for management and non-management audiences.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop, publish and update content to the company intranet, external communication portals and other interactive media. Update and publish company policy and procedures as directed.
- Work with business lines and departments to ensure that all communications increase employee awareness and knowledge of products/services and company activities while adhering to established company communication standards.
- Conduct routine to moderately complex tasks and assignments as directed, obtain appropriate approvals and ensure cost-effective completion within specified deadlines.
- Analyze possible solutions and standard procedures to solve a range of problems.
- Analyze existing solutions and work with senior staff or management to identify new means to address and resolve issues.
- Identify employee information/communication needs and make recommendations for improvement to communication methods, processes and procedures.
- Use sound judgement to escalate issues to senior staff.
- May participate in communication project teams or assist with audio/visual equipment when necessary.
Additional Items to Post for Field Communications Unit Only:
- Technical writing focused on products/services and sales support for internal field audience and external partner agencies (Entrepreneurial Agencies, Independent Agencies).
- Ensuring communications are tailored to diverse roles and needs, through multiple channels.
- Prepares special and promotional collateral for various audiences and events, including sales recognition programs.
How you will benefit:
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Writing articles for publications
- Web and graphics design
- Writing, editing, proofreading and organizing content, and layout page design (web and print)
- Interviewing subject matter experts
- Creating instructional documents, help guides or job aids (technical writing)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associated Press style
- Script writing techniques
- Current and emerging communication techniques (i.e., social media, blogging, video, mobile and infographics)
- Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Adobe Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks and Photoshop)
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Video production and editing
- Layout, photo editing, basic photography, design
- SharePoint functionality (web parts, creating/editing intranet pages etc.)
- Digital signage technology
- Create presentations and reports
- Write and edit stories and announcements
- Develop story ideas or content for various employee audiences
- Communicate effectively within a work environment
- Provide counsel to all levels of management on communication processes/issues
- Handle special assignments and confidential reports as requested
- Actively identify new learning opportunities
- Design graphics to accompany communications
- Demonstrate strong writing skills (a writing sample will be required at time of application)
- Work with outside vendors
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 14 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
: United States-MI-Dearborn
: United States-Georgia, United States-Colorado, United States-Minnesota, United States-Indiana, United States-Wisconsin, United States-South Carolina, United States-North Carolina, United States-Illinois, United States-Michigan, United States-Nebraska, United States-Tennessee, United States-North Dakota, United States-Iowa, United States-Florida
: MI-Admin Office Building (AOB) 1 Auto Club Drive Dearborn 48126
: Human Resources/Payroll
: Employee Communications
: Individual Contributor
: Nov 3, 2021, 3:08:42 PM