Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Communication Specialist to join our Automotive Central Functions Communications team. The ideal candidate has experience in Public Relations.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• The Communications Specialist will create, edit and promote Continental’s Automotive Technologies Business Area in North America through external communication efforts. This role will partner with other corporate functions and business units to create and understand specific program and project communications needs. This role will create strategic communications plans defining the scope, objectives, messages, and channels for publication. They will also manage communications campaigns and other communication initiatives to ensure defined methods provide measurable and effective communications for the company.
What you will be doing:
• Develop public relations strategies for Continental’s North American Automotive Technologies Business Area and manage media relations, including communication with media representatives, preparation of news releases, articles, and facilitating media interviews.
• Package, market, and deliver communications in ways that are meaningful, relevant and timely, and memorable to external audiences and aligns with the Company’s brand and business objectives, including the use of digital communications and social media.
• Manage relationships with media contacts to ensure inclusion in industry publications and stories.
• Establish individual strategies for measuring communication effectiveness, defining and continuously updating success measures, analyzing results, and adjusting strategy to meet business needs based on measurement outcomes.
• Develop opportunities for Senior Management to interact with media and provide communication support to company executives (including developing presentations and writing speeches and briefing materials for events).
• Assist in the direction and preparation for auto shows, industry events, displays, and exhibits.
• Participate and engage in meetings and drive ideas for events and campaigns.
• Take initiative in leading projects and present new perspectives in thinking and ideas.
• Prioritize work and schedule to handle multiple requests and projects at a time.
• Build relationships with stakeholders, agency partners, and colleagues beyond the team.
• Critical thinking capabilities in connecting dots and leveraging resources for the best outcome.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in communications and/or Public Relations position or related field.
• Experience engaging a broad cross-section of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and writing capabilities.
• Experience in Microsoft Programs. Adobe suite preferred.
• A good grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, attention to detail, forward thinking team player who works collaboratively on a team
***Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
***Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.