At Michigan Medicine, part of what we call The Michigan Difference is the confidence and knowledge that comes from our people knowing they are among the “Leaders & Best” in their respective fields.
The Communications Specialist is the communications strategist for Michigan Medicine’s Nursing community to support the Chief Nurse Executive (CNE) and other key nursing leaders, and ensure alignment with the broader communication strategies from the Department of Communication. He/she will develop and execute strategic communications plans and messaging within the nursing community to optimize engagement and leadership transparency. Areas of focus include:
- Clinical initiatives and best practices
- Leadership messaging
- Education and professional development
- Rewards and recognition
- Strategic priorities
- Provide strategic counsel the CNE and leaders in Nursing on most effective and compelling approaches to support department priorities and initiatives.
- Support leadership and executive positioning by determining effective ways to motivate all levels of staff using communication. Collaborate with other key stakeholders to positively impact engagement, culture, and organizational effectiveness.
- Translate technical or strategic topics into easily consumed, appropriate communication tailored to various internal audiences.
- Position and reinforce Michigan Medicine as an employer of choice through select, intentional content reflecting our workplace, work environment and working relationships with colleagues.
- Leverage technology and social media to optimize and increase innovative communication approaches to effectively reach all levels of staff.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in communication-related field; journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- At least three to five years of professional experience in public relations, promotion, marketing or communication in a professional setting.
- Must be comfortable in a multi-layered organization with complex relationship and executive reporting.
- Proven experience generating client satisfaction and developing solutions in complex matrixed organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with solid understanding of digital media.
- Experience maintaining electronic communication vehicles, websites, blogs, social media.
- Direct experience in a health care and/or academic medical center is desired.
Bring your planning, organizational, creativity and forward-thinking skills and join our talented team of professionals who embody The Michigan Difference.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. For complete position description and to apply, visit https://www.umhscareers.org/job/12384257/communications-specialist-office-of-the-chief-nurse-executive-ann-arbor-mi/
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.