FUNCTION: Support institutional public relations activities, including media relations, community relations, content creation and special events.
- Conduct media outreach, including researching and writing news releases, producing other media support materials, following up directly with media contacts, hosting media on site and supporting college spokespeople.
- Research, track and post relevant college events and activities to media and community organization calendars.
- Create non-marketing content directed to key college constituencies, such as articles for print and digital distribution; remarks, presentations and speeches; community relations ads; and advertorials.
- Work with student speakers to help them prepare their materials and presentations for special events, such as commencement.
- Track, compile, archive and distribute to the college community regular reports of the institution’s media coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Major in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field.
PRELIMINARY QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of two years of media relations experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to develop media relations materials. Experience working directly with media outlet contacts. Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts.
SALARY: $20.00 per hour
WORK HOURS: To be scheduled by the department as needed, but not to exceed 30 hours per week. Days and hours may vary and may include evenings and weekends. Position requires travel between campuses and occasionally to other locations off campus.
DEADLIINE TO APPLY: Sept. 7, 2022
For more information and to apply go to https://jobs.macomb.edu, click on Search Jobs and search for Public Relations Coordinator.