Manager, Communications Position at WDBA Company Profile
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) offers a unique opportunity to work on the largest bi-national infrastructure project
in North America today – the Gordie Howe International Bridge. Join our team and gain extensive career experience working
closely with professionals in the specialization of engineering, finance, legal and communications. Many of our roles will
support the operation of the bridge for the years ahead, following the current construction stage of the project.
WDBA is a Canadian Crown corporation created to deliver the Gordie Howe International Bridge project between Windsor, ON
and Detroit, MI through a public-private partnership (P3). WDBA is responsible for overseeing and managing the construction
and operation of the Gordie Howe International Bridge project which will be a legacy landmark that connects nations,
economies and cultures. Find out more about the incentives our company has to offer below.
Now is the time to make your mark on this legacy project.
About this Opportunity
At WDBA, we value our people and their contributions in an environment of trust, support and dedication. As a member of the Corporate Affairs and External Relations team, reporting to the Director of Communications, you will contribute to the development, planning and implementation of all aspects of WDBA’s internal and external communications to achieve established strategic objectives and business priorities. These efforts include working with project partners to keep the public informed while managing WDBA’s and the project’s reputation.
In this role, the incumbent is responsible for managing staff and providing direct supervision of the creation of communications strategies that encompass an array of tactics. Further, the incumbent will manage the implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the strategies and their effectiveness in reaching diverse audiences.
- ➢ Bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies, Business Administration or a related field from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- ➢ 7+ years in developing, implementing, and evaluating multi-media communications strategies, programs and plans and managing issues in a complex environment
- ➢ Experience in developing and implementing strategic communications plans, including experience in media relations, web and online strategies, and event management
- ➢ Experience in government and public relations
- ➢ Experience in issues management including crisis communications
- ➢ Experience in preparing messaging to respond to media inquiries and working with the press
- ➢ Experience in providing strategic advice and services to management
- ➢ Financial acumen and project management skills including knowledge of budget managementprinciples and practices
- ➢ Experience working with consultants/contractors
- ➢ Previous experience working for the Canadian federal government considered an asset
- ➢ Experience on large infrastructure or construction projects considered an asset
- ➢ Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Personnel Screening/Security Clearance
- ➢ Ability to travel within Ontario and Michigan
- ➢ Hours of work may include evenings and weekends
Working at WDBA
Our work offers a perfect balance of reward and challenge. Here are some of the amazing advantages of being part of our team:
- ➢ Work with dedicated and collaborative colleagues on a once-in-a-generation project.
- ➢ Receive full-time employment with competitive compensation packages.
- ➢ Have the opportunity for ample growth and development, including paid training options.
- ➢ Be rewarded for being a high performer through our employee performance review program.
- ➢ Join one of our many employee-led committees, including supporting the continued development of diversity, equityand inclusion within the workplace.
- ➢ Enjoy a comprehensive health and dental package starting on your first day, including short-term and long-termdisability benefits.
- ➢ Be part of a defined contribution pension plan offered with up to 9% employee/employer match.
- ➢ Discuss with your manager hybrid and flexible work options available, including a mixed remote and in-office workenvironment and flex-scheduling.
- ➢ Take advantage of our extensive paid time-off benefits (vacation, personal days, volunteer day, and paid statutoryholidays).
- ➢ Learn how we support “disengagement” as part of our corporate culture to achieve work-life balance.
- ➢ Engage directly with our passionate and experienced leadership team.How to Apply
Qualified applicants may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including July 21, 2022. Please quotefile #WDBA-205. Resumes must be submitted electronically and are only accepted in MS Word or PDF format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.This is a general position summary for a role vacancy at WDBA. A formalized job description or position outline is used to determine that the hiring goals and requirements for each WDBA position are achieved through a standard competition. The full position outline is provided to candidates selected to participate in the interview process and is to be accepted at the time of hire.WDBA values talent and diversity as cornerstones of our success and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that is reflective of our community and country. To support this commitment, we encourage applications from people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions.