Marketing Manager – Strategic Marketer – Marketplace Marketing at Deloitte
Detroit and Minneapolis
Are you an experienced marketing and communications professional with demonstrated capabilities in designing, producing and executing strategic client-focused marketing programs? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? Do you keep current on the latest marketing trends and think boldly and strategically on how to incorporate them? Are you interested in creating integrated, cross-channel marketing deliverables that advance the Deloitte brand and deliver on the strategic objectives of marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues both in-person and in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
Work you’ll do
Strategic Marketers (SMs) serve as trusted advisors to their business leaders and key stakeholders. Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for best-in-class marketing operations as well as oversight for marketing campaign execution. In addition, SMs build specific programs, utilizing innovative, go-to-market tools and approaches, to bring the full capabilities of the firm to bear with maximum reach and impact to the market. This role will serve 50% as a Strategic Marketer for the Detroit, MI, market and 50% Minneapolis, MN, market.
Strategic Marketer responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Managing Partner, develops, maintains, and drives prioritization of all marketing activities for Detroit, MI, and Minneapolis, MN
- In consultation with Managing Partners, develops the marketplace strategic plan; manages project plan and oversees execution
- Drives collaboration between the businesses, industry and other colleagues to drive strategic marketing campaigns
- Coordinates internal communications around initiation and development of strategic marketing campaigns
- Collaborates with PR team to drive media coverage when applicable
- Engages other SMs to coordinate campaign activities and pull in other capabilities, as appropriate
- Manages overall marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product/offering launches, major events, and core marketing maintenance activities
- Along with the Green Dot Agency, develops metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success at the campaign, activity and channel levels to inform future campaign tactics
- Brings innovative thinking and marketing practices to all marketing activities
Deloitte’s Marketing Excellence team combines the power of Deloitte’s brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measurable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.
- 10+ years of related experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing communications strategies and tactics and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Team oriented approach with ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet client expectations and deadlines across multiple projects
- Ability to interact and communicate across variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to the audience
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to gain consensus through influence
- Strong project management skills
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability
- Executive presence, professional client service manner
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus.
- Ability to think both strategically and execute tactically
- Deep knowledge of and connections in the Detroit and Minneapolis marketplaces
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related business field; Advanced degrees preferred
- Travel up to 10% (while travel of up to 10% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Location: Detroit or Minneapolis (SM must reside in one of these markets)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.