The Senior Communications (Marketing) Specialist supports a wide and diverse group of HAP departments that require varying degrees of support. This role engages with multiple HAP business partners in support of their member prospecting, acquisition, retention and engagement efforts in the health insurance marketplace. This position will be responsible for completely understanding the mission of the company, the marketing and communications department and the various supported business partners. Through insight, specific understanding, and guidance, the specialist will respond to communication needs, provide support, and assist with marketing strategies and concept development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support marketing and communications strategic planning including program and product positioning, market and competitive analysis for their business partners
- Develop marketing communications including but not limited to advertising, direct mail, trade shows, seminars and events, collateral materials, member, employer and agent communications
- Ensure communications contain accurate business standards and content, and comply with brand standards, style guidelines and corporate approval process.
- Define and continually improve process around efficient communications with target audiences.
- Acquire advanced knowledge of the supported HAP business partners, programs, processes, goals, market plans, providers and members
- Represent the Marketing and Communications department while providing account management to our HAP business partners and their respective teams
- Represent the Marketing and Communications department on committees as needed to fulfill regulatory communication requirements owned by the team (i.e. NCQA standards)
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for the supported marketing programs and activities
- Aid in planning and managing the marketing budget
- Submit project budget proposals required for approval
- Monitor and respond to health care insurance industry and competitive communication strategies in both proactive and reactive capacities
- Develop a strong understanding of the health insurance industry
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Advertising or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a marketing line capacity successfully managing a full load of diverse projects with ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in strategic planning including the development of program and product positioning, program and product launch strategies and market and competitive analysis
- Health insurance industry experience and experience with marketing commercial health insurance products strongly preferred
- Possess the ability to develop strong, trusting and effectively collaborative relationships with a diverse group of internal departments that rely on the marketing department for their support
- An ability to understand and innovate in the health insurance industry that requires a complete understanding of the industry
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Have a strong working knowledge and expertise of marketing process, tools and deliverables
- Fully understand the role of marketing in the bigger picture of a company and in the marketplace
- Be aware of the power a strong brand has in the role of marketing and in the long term competitiveness of a company
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively with outside marketing partners and suppliers and deliver a stellar marketing product with stellar market results
- Exceptional track record of detail management, interpersonal relations and team orientated success
- Ability to utilize existing knowledge and experience, and think out of the box to raise the effectiveness of current and future marketing projects
HAP is a Michigan-based, nonprofit health plan that provides health coverage to individuals, companies and organizations. A subsidiary of Henry Ford Health System, we partner with doctors, employers and community groups to enhance the overall health and well-being of the lives we touch. With more than 1,100 dedicated and passionate employees, our goal is to make health care easy for our members.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit henryford.com